[Talk-kg] Letting users input data on an OSM-served web app

Jason W jasonslwong at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:26:08 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am experimenting with building web applications with OSM data and would
like to know if there is a way to allow the user to input data (for
example, a point marker).

The context is that I am building a website. The website uses OSM data,
whose tiles are served by Mapbox. I am using Leaflet to communicate and
build the interactive functions.

I want the user to be able to click on the map and to create a point with a
title, which will then be saved into my site's database and be visible to
other users. Is there a plug-in or certain methods that provide this
functionality?

Many thanks,
Jason