[Talk-ko] Import for datasets on South Korea open data portal

Dongha Hwang depth221 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:43:33 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I want to import several datasets on South Korea open data portal (
https://www.data.go.kr/) under the public domain.

https://www.data.go.kr/en/ugs/selectPortalPolicyView.do
In this site, the public domain is called "이용허락범위 제한없음(Unlimited
permission range)".

공공데이터 이용허락범위 관련하여 “이용허락범위 제한 없음”일 경우 자유로운 이용이 가능하며, 제한이 있을 경우 각 유형(공공데이터법
> 시행규칙 별지 제4호 제공대상 공공데이터 등록서 참고)별로 아래 내용에 유의하시기 바랍니다.

 Datasets under "unlimited permission range" is free to use. if not, note
> each type of licence below. (the accompanying paper no.4 for open data
> law enforcement regulation: application for posting open data to the portal)

In this sentence "each type" indicate several CCL licenses. I know well
that CC-BY, etc. do not have compatibility for ODBL, so will import
no-limited licensed ("이용허락범위 제한없음") datasets.

First, I want to import "Model restaurants in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, South
Korea" (https://www.data.go.kr/en/data/15052407/fileData.do) as a test.
Details for tagging schema are available on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/South_Korea_open_data_portal
.

Best regards,
Dongha Hwang