[talk-latam] [Imports] Is there any bulk feature delete tool or bulk tag updater?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Oct 22 17:11:17 UTC 2014

On Oct 22, 2014, at 09:59 AM, Ernesto Carreras <ernesto.carreras at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I like to know if there is something like a bulk data delete in order to automate the removal of some features or is it required to complete this manually?

This is not something people should generally be doing. That being said, for most purposes you can write an XAPI or Overpass query, search for the appropriate objects in JOSM in that result, and delete them. It's tricker than it sounds, since you have to worry about parent/child objects and leaving behind stray untagged nodes, etc.

Without more details, I can't really give specific answers.

Keep in mind that a delete like that would need to be done after consultation with wherever is relevant - don't just go deleting stuff you think is wrong.

Also, is there a bulk tag updater?

No. There are some methods for changing tags, but typically the work involved in figuring out what objects to change the tags on is more than the code to output the changes in a form that can be uploaded.