[talk-latam] IGAC and OSM

David Wortman davidislachen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:45:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been tracing roads etc. in rural parts of Colombia using Bing and GPS tracks. Sadly not all imagery is clear and tracks are not always available.

Recently I found IGAC and was able to import one of there maps(1:500) in JOSM via this link: http://www.igac.gov.co/wps/portal/igac/raiz/iniciohome/MapasdeColombia/Descargas

It's not always great but at least it's better then roads ending when Bing images are not clear and no GPS tracks are available.

Now I'm wondering if it will cause rights issues.  Couldn't find any legal info on their website. Note; my Spanish is not great.

Anybody information or experience with IGAC tracing and the legal aspect?

Cheers!