[Talk-lb] Update, logo and mapping party coming up

Michel Barakat bmichel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:57:28 BST 2009

Hey fellow OSMers,

There has been practically no traffic on this mailing list ever since
February. I encourage you all to use the list if you have questions or
suggestions about OSM in Lebanon and how we can grow the community.

In other news, we have several updates from the last few weeks:
* I attended SOTM09 two weeks ago in Amsterdam; and Beirut was
featured as a Best of OpenStreetMap city (see
http://www.bestofosm.org), great work! Part of the conference included
presenting the progress in several countries (I note the State of
Egypt in particular). You can watch the presentations and talks on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2009 if you didn't
already. Hopefully next year, we'll be able to present the State of
Lebanon :)

* I have designed this morning several logos for OSM Lebanon (based on
the original logo by zere). Please give us your opinion on which you
think we should use for flyers and possibly T-Shirts. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lebanon/Logo

* We are planning in collaboration with SMEX
(http://socialmediaexchange.org/) to organize the first mapping party
in downtown Beirut on the 29th of August. If you want to help out in
the organization or have GPS trackers you can lend, please take a look
at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lebanon/Beirut_Mapping_Party/Organization
or get in touch.

Cheers
Michel