[Talk-lb] Beirut Mapping Party

Michel Barakat bmichel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:52:49 BST 2009

Hey folks,

The Beirut Mapping Party took place on the 29th of August as planned
and we're happy to state that everyone is very happy with the results.
25 mappers attended the event and dedicated their time to map the
areas of Hamra and AUB (last minute change instead of the Downtown
area) using GPS logging and Walking Papers.

We had some trouble with walking papers at the event, this was due to
a problem with the web site which wasn't able to handle any scanned
maps. However, the problem is now resolved and I've successfully
updated the maps YOU, the participants, created. They are now
available for editing. Please check your map annotations and let's
complete the work we started!
See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lebanon/Beirut_Mapping_Party/Results#Walking_Papers
to find your map and edit it.

In addition, Jessica from SMEX has uploaded photos of the event. You
can check them on http://is.gd/2StMi
Finally, the presentation that was given by me is available on
http://is.gd/2StQm

Facebook users: I invite you to join the OpenStreetMap Lebanon group
on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132499049174

Thanks for all who attended, and I hope to see you all, particularly
those who couldn't make it, in our future mapping events.

Cheers and Happy Mapping
Michel