[Talk-lt] Upgrading E-Roads to trunks

Denis Chapligin akashihi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:21:31 UTC 2009

Hi

Due to newly approved proposal on highway importance russian community
is discussing new ways of highways tagging. We've agreed that
international roads like E-roads in Europe and A-roads in Asia should
be tagged as trunk, ignoring they actual physical conditions, like
number of lanes etc

I would like to ask you to discuss this issue too, case we have at
least two E-roads (E77 and E28) coming from Lithuania to Russia, so it
will be at least strange, if we upgrade those roads to trunk locally,
in Kaliningrad region, but leave them as primary in Lithuania.

You may join our discussion (russian only) at
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=5201 or ask me and i
will translate.

PS: i'll be in Vilnius next week, so we may discuss it with help of
Vilkmergės alus :)