[Talk-lt] SOTM Baltics 2013 in Tartu, Estonia

Vladimir Elistratov vladimir.elistratov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:56:23 UTC 2013

Hi!

We've been discussing the idea of a regional mini-conference to be attended
by mappers from Baltic states.
OSM community in our countries seems to be a closed and isolated circle
with a very few new members each year. So we suggest to break the isolation
through an international OSM meet-up (or mini-conference) in Tartu,
Estonia. We coined the event "SOTM Baltics".

Originally the event was targeted for mappers from Estonia, Russia, Latvia
and Finland. Why wasn't Lithuania in the list? I thought it wasn't
convinient to come from Vilnius to Tartu with public transportation. Please
prove me wrong! I hope it's not a problem for you at all! :-)

Event format: very unformal (it's more like UNconference than an academic
conference): normal talks, lighting talks, "podium discussions", social
event in a pub in the evening.

Why Tartu? We have mappers from Tartu who volonteered to find a room for
the SOTM Baltics. Also, Tartu can be conveniently accessed from the largest
cities in the Baltic countries: Tallinn, Helsinki, Sankt Petersburg,
Moscow, Riga

Event fee: no or 10 Euro, to be decided.

SOTM Baltics dates: a weekend in July. The exact dates are to be decided
via polling (see below).

If you decide to go to Tartu with public trasportation, you will have to
change the bus in Riga. Tickets for the bus can be bought at
http://www.luxexpress.eu/lt

If you'd like to attend the event, please take part in the poll to decide
on the conference dates: http://doodle.com/anddmr2kpxwnmv77

The discussion takes place in the talk-ee list:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ee/2013-April/001434.html
If you'd like to take part in the discussion, subscribe here: