[Talk-lv] Updating rivers

Martin Machyna machyna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:47:38 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am participating in a project that is trying to clean up and update river
data globally and was thinking of looking at Latvia next. In short, we look
to fix errors like  disconnected waterways, overlapping water areas or
waterways, correcting multipolygons, fixing mistagged features, removing
duplicate objects and also moving older river tags (waterway=riverbank) to
the newer more numerous version natural=water + water=river.

More details about the process is summarized on this wiki page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Waterways/River_modernization

Let me know your thoughts.

Martin