[Talk-ma] [OKFILTER] Re: mapping caïdats and cercles

John Freed john.freed.paris at gmail.com
Sam 28 Mar 16:13:29 UTC 2015

I see a problem here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_Morocco#/media/File:Moroccan_administrative_division.png

Admin_level=6 is prefectures and provinces (collectively, wilaya)

Admin_level=8 is municipalities and rural communes

That leaves only Admin_level=7 for two distinct levels.

The first level is for pashalik and circles.

The other level is for caidat, districts and arrondissements.

 Now it seems to me that the simplest solution is to promote prefectures
and provinces (wilayat) to the currently vacant Admin_level=5. There are
only 75 of them so the retagging would be relatively easy.

Ali, I am supposing that you plan to map the boundaries of the caidat, not
the sieges, which are just public buildings. Do you have a reference for
the boundaries? I could help with that.

John Freed <okosm at johnfreed.com>