[OSM-talk-nl] SD kaartjes (Was: Re: Leuke dag!)

cagri coltekin cagri at xs4all.nl
Tue May 22 21:25:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:33:31PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> At Sun, 20 May 2007 00:32:19 +0200,
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > Nog even doorgeven aan Jeroen:
> >
> > 1GB SD doet momenteel los 9,95. En werkt ook.
>
> Welk merk? Heb je het getest in die Amaryllo? En ook mee gemapt? Want
> er zijn ook kaartjes die eerst wel lijken te werken en dan corruptions
> geven.

My experience with the SD cards and Amaryllo trip tracker so far:

With an 'Extreme' brand 1G SD card, while logging enabled it
takes practically infinite time to get a fix. Disabling logging to
the card and enabling after it gets a fix seems to solve. But,
then it seems to loose the fix more often than otherwise.

It works fine with 64M (nokia re-branded) sandisk micro with
converter fine. I also tried 1G sandisk ultra II micro SD. It
seems to work too.

The behaviour is weird, I did not do really test it
systematically, but my experience so far indicates that the
device does not like certain cards.

cheers,
--
cagri