[OSM-talk-nl] Betr: Re: ODbL acceptance statistics for the Netherlands

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 20:46:23 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Frank Steggink <steggink op steggink.org>wrote:

> Why the haste (also @Henk), and why the focus on numbers? As far as I know,
> we're still in the *voluntary* acceptance phase, so we're still far from
> saying goodbye to non-ODbL data.

Haste???? I wouldn't call the pace this process is going "fast". Let alone
we're showing a lot of haste.

The discussion I was having in this thread was related to an import
(3DShapes) which was stated by Stefan that it is PD. Hence, there are no
legal reasons why not to accept the Contributor Terms.
Huge imports that are not under the new CT, like 3DShapes, raises a lot of
questions whether these imports are compatible or not. You've seen these
discussions on this mailinglist. Let's make it clear: when this import is
compatible with the Contributor Terms, set the account accordingly.

Cheers,
Henk