[OSM-talk-nl] Netherland mapping for Tourists / Adress nodes move to building etc

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sun Oct 5 19:51:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 07:49:52PM +0200, Marc Gemis wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Johan C <osmned at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The BAG should contain the correct building outline, since this is
> > Cadastral information, nowadays updated very often. But as any database,
> > the BAG might incidentally have errors. Satellite imagery though is at risk
> > of being well outdated. So in these cases it's possibly best to have groun
> > truth info to determine the correct building outline.
>
> Funny that Florian found an error, and that I also found 2. And that for
> holiday mappers. :-)
> Anyway this is not doing anything positive for my feelings on imports.

Buildings and addresses seem to be mostly okay from what i have seen.
And adding addresses is a very hard task. I have done more than 40K
addresses in the last 7 Years - now the 2 citys i live near are complete.
I wished somebody gave me data to import.

I mostly have problems with the original AND data. The landuse is
mostly broken. Sometimes its very fine granular to the level of single
trees beeing landuse=forest and sometimes landuse=farm spans kilometers.
together with layering/multipolygon stuff its a mess i dont really like to
touch.

Flo