[Talk-nz] [nzopengis] Re: Address import from LINZ address - help wanted

Eliot Blennerhassett ewblen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 01:02:08 UTC 2018

On 06/02/18 20:18, Chris Gadd wrote:
> On another note, JOSM warns about multiple nodes at a single location.
> Your notes suggest spacing them out a bit, which avoids the warning but
> potentially introduces some inaccuracy. For example, unless you know if
> a block of flats runs alongside the road or perpendicular, whatever line
> you draw could give the wrong impression. JOSM will allow you to upload
> even with the warnings, so what's the reason for arbitrarily spacing them?

Chris,

As I understand it, it is an error in OSM to have multiple nodes a
single location.

Alternatives to spacing them out that I have used are:

1) Delete them all. (Leaving problem cases for a future update).

2) Delete all but one,  Delete the linz_id from that one, and remove the
unit number from the address.   I.e. create a node with just the street
number for the apartment block.

--
Eliot