[Talk-nz] Address import from LINZ address - help wanted

Rob Alley alley.rob at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:37:58 UTC 2018

Just an update on progress and some questions on handling discrepencies in
the import data.

We're now at ~ 45% completion on this with four contributors.  Anyone else
who wants to lend a hand would be most appreciated - Wellington is feeling
pretty unloved at the moment.

As part of ensuring the add:street tags have corresponding roads I've found
that some of the LINZ derived tags are using abbreviations in the street
name (typically St instead of Saint).  This leads to a mismatch with the
roads and is I believe wrong.  Current plan is to edit the tags from LINZ
to use the full name but leave the ref:linz:address_id tag unchanged, any
objections?

--
NIL ILLEGITIMUM CARBORUNDUM
Egotism is the anaesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.  - Frank Leahy