[Talk-nz] Uber planning to explore and contribute to OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

suneel.kaw at uber.com suneel.kaw at uber.com
Tue May 29 16:44:45 UTC 2018

Hello New-Zealand OSM mappers,

We at Uber are planning to explore and contribute to OpenStreetMap in New
Zealand. This project will be an internal analysis for evaluation only.
This project won't involve any public display of OSM data in any Uber
application or service.

We do not plan to make any large-scale, machine generated edits for this
project. All edits will be made by a small team of individuals based in
Palo Alto, California, USA. The team will be using the available data
sources in the JOSM tool for their corrections and validations. We will
share the profiles of our editors on Uber’s OSM page soon. The edits will
be made according to the Organized Editing Best Practices and NZ
guidelines. In addition, Uber employees based in New Zealand will be able
to participate in this project by leveraging their local knowledge to help
identify data issues. For this project, our team will focus on adding and
modifying the following OSM features:

   1. Road network includes (Class, Turn restriction, Directionality etc)
   2. Display map features (Building Footprints, Parks, Airports etc.)

Please feel free to reach out to us with feedback, questions, and
suggestions, either directly to me at suneel.kaw at uber.com or at OSM at uber.com
.

Thanks,
Suneel