[Talk-nz] [nzopengis] Uber planning to explore and contribute to OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Rob Alley alley.rob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:28:29 UTC 2018

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 at 08:36, suneel.kaw at uber.com <suneel.kaw at uber.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, Eliot & Rob,
>
> This helps in improving our processes. We may need some guidance from the
> community on how to model certain features. We have run into some
> challenging scenarios with complex intersections and lanes. E.g. in
> Auckland, we are seeing some "T2" or "T3" lanes. These lanes are transit
> lanes and are open to any vehicles that are carrying 2 or more occupants at
> a certain time of the day, and they serve as parking outside of the
> operating hours. How should these be tagged? Should we add their operating
> hours and how can we retrieve that information? Happy to discuss this
> here or happy to host a meeting at our Kingsland office.  One of our team
> members Ross Chrystal who is an Auckland native is working on the OSM data
> evaluation is happy to discuss this in person.

I think T2 and T3 that serve as parking at times are the exception rather
that the rule.  That sounds like something that would need to be confirmed
with a ground survey.  Sorry but I've no idea how they would be tagged -
perhaps a question for the tagging mailing list.  I'm certainly able to
meet up if there is anything I can help out with - Kingsland is pretty
local for me.

Cheers, Rob.

--
NIL ILLEGITIMUM CARBORUNDUM
Egotism is the anaesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.  - Frank Leahy