[Talk-nz] [FOSS4G-Oceania] GHG mitigation and FOSS4G SotM Oceania

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 18 04:38:27 UTC 2019

Adam, I appreciate and admire your leadership here,  full support from me.

I like that you linked 3, because I have long been very sceptical about the actual on the ground impact and reality of carbon "offsets". Maybe if we assure this is really land managed by a trusted AU/NZ nfp,  possibly by traditional owners,  there is some better assurance.

On top of handling surplus:
I never knew how one can offset when using say uni conference funds.  Would it be possible to have an option during registration,  to say "no swag pls,  just offset? Swag is usually not itemised on tickets,  hence no headache with reimboursements.

Of course,  additional voluntary contributions (offset another participant) could be used too.

Martin