[Talk-nz] Removing "WikiProject" prefix

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:03:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am Daniel, from Spain. I would like to change the name of the wiki
pages related to the New Zealand mapping project to remove the
"Wikiproject" prefix following the pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the New Zealand mapping project would
be "New Zealand" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject New Zealand",
as recommended by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have
already made in United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], and all
Spanish-speaking countries [5] on the Wiki.

I could make the necessary changes, and also add the "Country" template
[6] to the New Zealand project page, although this change is optional.

All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.
There will be no broken links in any case.  I'll make sure everything
works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [7].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention