[Talk-nz] Error in the Locator Overlay that I see in iD

Eliot Blennerhassett eliot at blennerhassett.gen.nz
Wed Nov 6 08:34:06 UTC 2019

On 6/11/19 7:36 pm, Robin.Vant at xtra.co.nz wrote:

> This Locator Overlay incorrectly shows Merrill Place, Birkdale,
> at about -36.795728, 174.713753 (Latitude, Longitude)
> as a through road, coming out again onto Eskdale Road at the western end of Birkenhead Cemetry.

[ The problematic place is about here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=-36.7972&mlon=174.7164#map=15/-36.7972/174.7164
]

> I tried to report the problem to Mapbox, but was almost immediately
> shunted back to OpenStreetMap.

Hi Robin,

the problem is almost certainly with Mapbox.  AFAIK the map tiles are
generated and hosted by them.
As you can already see, the OSM data itself is fine.

(Sometimes there are paper roads in LINZ data that don't physically
exist, but this is not one of those cases)

When you say "shunted back to OSM", what actually happened?

--
Eliot