[Talk-nz] Fwd: [nzopengis] Update waterways from new LINZ river names pilot

Mike Exner-Kittridge mgkittridge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 08:14:39 UTC 2019

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your input.
And I completely agree with you on all of the processing steps you've
described...I should have asked you all before...I had to figure these
things out the hard way ;)
I'm doing these steps specifically as part of the processing step in JOSM
(since it's got all the tools to do them).

Though it is a "pilot", the dataset is quite complete at least for the
purpose of this project. I've checked over it quite a bit (and continue to
do so). And I do need to get a decent chunk of this work done in the coming
months for a project at Environment Canterbury (I'm a hydrologist there).

Do you by chance know how to create a wiki page on the open street map wiki
to describe and refine this import process?

Thanks again,
Mike