[Talk-nz] Editing kickoff Australia&New Zealand

Horea Meleg horea.meleg at telenav.com
Tue Jan 8 12:46:00 UTC 2019

Hi Eliot,
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I'll try to respond to your question below:

We used local data from Linz open data to extract missing road geometry and missing names. Actually, we just post 2 MapRoulette challenges. You can have a look maybe, to see and understand better what we do.
We extracted them using Cygnus (tool powered by Telenav Team). In brief, it's a tool which compares existing OSM data with different open datasets (you can find more info here: http://blog.improve-osm.org/en/?s=cygnus ).
We also use Improve OSM plugin and OpenStreetMap plugin in JOSM to add information on the map (also you can find more details about these here: https://improveosm.org/)
For now, we don't have anyone locally to check our edits, but any feedback is helpful and welcomed.

Best regards,
Horea