[Talk-nz] OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group Charter

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:30:41 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I wanted to put out a reminder that there is a meeting tomorrow at 12:00 pm
UTC +11 to discuss a charter for an OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group
(OSM SIG). You should be able to see the meeting details on our open
calendar here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dgea06cf2tu9ukl2f7nmfqjp98%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia%2FMelbourne>.
We have previously been referring to this as a working group, but note that
it is the same thing.

The OSM SIG aims to support OSM efforts throughout Oceania and make
use of OSGeo
Oceania <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania>'s funding and structure when
it makes sense to do so. We've made a first attempt
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RzMq3p4VAENBkvl1pWIXom4oP6A_j_5EqI7DB_4n0xA/edit#heading=h.iv5hj5e480h2>
at a charter which will clarify some of these goals. There have been some
really good suggestions so far which I hope to discuss more tomorrow, but
feel free to jump into the document and make comments or suggestions.

The agenda for tomorrow
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12GJHVCYbV7ZD-nvDtBA0RB8Xkqvfhbz6Hc_h3NTaRr4/edit#>
is
pretty simple and just involves a review of the charter. You're welcome to
add any OSM issues you would like to discuss as they relate to the OSM SIG.
It's also worth checking out the QGIS charter
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrewntrC0N1r6mfZdo1AdPhe2qTEaN5hDA2pcL0mrvI/edit#heading=h.f3owylft5r4z>
which is a bit further along. It may provide inspiration.

Hope to see some of you there,

Ed