[Talk-nz] Place names

Rob Alley alley.rob at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 01:19:07 UTC 2021

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 at 13:40, Eliot Blennerhassett <
eliot at blennerhassett.gen.nz> wrote:

> So, other 80 or so members of this list, do you agree/disagree/abstain?
>
> > I agree with everyone else so far, that we should include tuhotō on the
> name tag (where the name is gazetted as such) even when signage on the
> ground may commonly exclude the macron.

Another vote for including macrons etc.  There appear to be a few editors
with an axe to grind against these where their only edits appear to be
removing macrons.  If we get consensus here it can be documented on the NZ
specific wiki pages and take precedence of the general name guidelines on
the wiki that they seem to constantly refer to.

Rob.

--
NIL ILLEGITIMUM CARBORUNDUM
Egotism is the anaesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.  - Frank Leahy