[Talk-pacific] [FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominations - OSGeo Oceania board election

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 05:21:35 UTC 2020

Thanks John

Fantastic work in nominating these six individuals.

And I'd like to endorse your call for folks to join up as members to vote,
and to nominate yourself or someone worthy to serve on the Board (with
their agreement!).

Director nominations close on the 22nd, so there's still time.

Cheers,

Alex

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 16:03, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've nominated a few members of the Oceania open geospatial community for
> election to the OSGeo Oceania board. These people have made outstanding
> contributions to this community over the last few years, and I believe they
> are ready to step up and provide the leadership the organisation needs to
> serve this community well.
>
> These are the people I've nominated:
> *Edwin Liava'a (Tonga & Brisbane, Australia)*
> *Nemaia Koto (Suva, Fiji)*
> *Elisa Puccioni (Wellington, NZ)*
> *Edoardo Neerhut (Melbourne, Australia)*
> *Jonah Sullivan (Canberra, Australia)*
> *Carrol Chan (Suva, Fiji)*
>
> You can see the details here:
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/oceania/2020-November/002420.html
>
> If you're a member of this community, but not yet an official voting
> member of OSGeo Oceania, you may still be able to apply for membership in
> time to vote (I haven't heard otherwise, and last year applications were
> solicited and accepted up to 26 Nov). It's easy to join. Learn more, and
> apply here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania#Membership
>
> Thanks,
> John

Alex Leith