[Talk-pacific] [FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominations - OSGeo Oceania board election

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:24:57 UTC 2020

Dear Returning Officer & OSGeo Oceania,

I am happy to nominate another candidate for the OSGeo Oceania board, *Ewen
Hill of Melbourne, Australia*.

Ewen Hill is one of those people who contributes an enormous amount to the
geospatial community while asking little in return. He has been involved in
almost all geospatial events since I have been in Melbourne, and I am sure
many before. Ewen is the guy who patiently shows people how to get the most
out of JOSM or QGIS, working his way around the room to support anyone
needing help. He's the guy that spends time putting together a map in QGIS
after an OpenStreetMap event to show the results of a mapathon. He's the
guy who rocks up at the venue two weeks before to make sure it has
everything you need for FOSS4G SotM Oceania.

I'm sure he'd bring this same selflessness and attention to detail to the
board, while being a strong advocate of the open source geospatial tools we
all know and love.

Kind regards,

Ed