[Talk-pacific] Final thoughts on OpenStreetMap SIG charter

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 04:50:28 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

This is long overdue, but I wanted to solicit feedback on the OpenStreetMap
SIG charter
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RzMq3p4VAENBkvl1pWIXom4oP6A_j_5EqI7DB_4n0xA/edit#>
[1]
before it goes to a board vote for ratification. I aim to have this
finalised by the OSGeo Oceania board meeting on Friday. The charter has
gone around a few times for feedback and undergone a few changes. We're
almost there! The latest changes add more clarity on Steering
Committee selection and obligations.

If you're a bit unsure on the practicality of the OSM SIG, please remember
that at the very least, the OSM SIG is a potential source of funding if you
are running OSM related events.

Thanks everyone for their input thus far, and John for skillfully crafting
much of the feedback.

Thanks,

Ed

[1] -