[talk-ph] wikipage philippines clean-up

sorabsuperstar at web.de sorabsuperstar at web.de
Tue Dec 2 06:05:31 GMT 2008

Sure,

It's the very point in Wikisystems, that many ppl together put together the arcticles :)
I dont think we need something like an actual "Wiki-Admin" yet, since we are a very small goup.

What I intended to do ist cleaning up our recommendations for effective mapping in the Philippines (i.e. tagging conventions ;)). And put this to a seperate wikipage, every neeby should read before starting :)

Where are we at with the Brgy tagging issue?
I suggest to leave the place tag as is (i.e. "village" for brgys)
However introducing an additional "loc_place"/"nat_place" tag to takes account of local concepts - as in the Philippines the "Baragay" is - is a good idea in my opinion, but should be a global concept and thus should be elevated to the root of OSM.

Cheers