[talk-ph] Using Non-copyright Images to Map

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:19:12 GMT 2008

Assuming it's OK to use the map:

1. Use mapwarper http://wrp.geothings.net/
  rectify the map via mapwarper's interface, and grab the wms link
which you can paste to josm wms plugin.  You now have a new wms for
your map.
  Mapwarper wms is OK if you have reliable internet connection (which
I don't have so I use option 2)

2. Download the warped image (rectified) from mapwarper, Then setup a
local webmapserver using mapserver http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ and
fetch the image using wms plugin of JOSM (you can easily do this since
you're a linuz geek ;))