[talk-ph] fun micro mapping-Luneta's Philippine Relief Map

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:02:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

When I went to CSB to talk about OSM Philippines and JOSM c/o the
"smart" staff and Computer Applications Org
(http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2008-November/000124.html),
I took the LRT-1 and saw again the largest Philippine Relief Map in
Luneta (http://mayniladailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/01/philippine-relief-map.html).

So I had the idea of try to put in OSM.  So here it is rendered in Mapnik:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.584958&lon=120.982798&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

The data came from the actual coastline in OSM, with a whole lot of
generalization (I think it was  Douglas-Peucker Algorithm).

The tag is most likely wrong (natural=coastline).  This is what I call
micro-mapping-for-the-renderer.  If there are objections in adding
this to the database, I will removed without hesitation.
Still it was fun to do ;)

| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com/ |
| _)_/L I http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/ |