[talk-ph] Google making moves ...

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 07:54:17 GMT 2008

Not only are they stealing our ish, they are not good "faultcheckers", as I found out barely an hour ago:

$ Where's the island that has "Hospicio de San Jose" on it? (OSM has the island, Google "sunk" it)

$ D Romualdez, Sr. is "part" of Natividad Almeda-Lopez

$ The Uniliver Philippines complex in Paco is being refered to its "old" name

$ They don't know where Robinson's Otis is (recently mapped on OSM, though under a landuse=retail tag)

$ They haven't realize that Phil. Normal University has an annex (just a walk away, in front of the main campus)

$ They don't have the acces roads within (most of) PGH

$ They ignore certain streams that "we" have

$ The last time I passed by Cash & Carry, I believe that it became a mall. (recently)

$ Misspellings and certain misinformation

$ They forgot where Mandarin Oriental Manila is (or they haven't got a clue what is that place)

$ There is no U-turn overpass on C5 (going to Bonifacio Global CIty

$ No update on the Bonifacio Global City area (they retained the old street plan) except for Serendra

$ Eastwood City looks "half-empty" in Google, seav's coverage pwns everyone

$ Borders are hopelessly and foolishly inaccurate

$ San Pablo City and Santa Cruz (in Laguna) are either woefully incomplete or totally ignored, other places are mostly blank except for certain major areas (a certain major area is Metro Manila)

and come on, with too much restrictions in its mapamker, I'd be better off with the tried, tested, and easy-to-fix OSM.