[talk-ph] No you can't do that yet in OSM Philippines

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 01:41:48 GMT 2008

Yesterday I was asked by a colleague to plot planned routes for a
series of trips around Mindanao complete with optimal route, length
and time of travel.  How the heck do I do that?
And so I tried OSM's routing service: http://www.yournavigation.org/

Since this helped a couple of times plotting my routes in Metro Manila
it might be also good for Mindanao.

NO, you just can't do that yet.

For example try plotting a route from Davao City to Mati (or any other
destination outside Davao City) you get an error.  Why?

NO DATA.

The tools are there the applications are limitless.  We just need good
quality and open access data.

Luckily, I have Garmin Mapsource and phroadguide (
http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/ ).

| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com/ |
| _)_/L I http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/ |