[talk-ph] some suggestions or OSM Philippines

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 13:37:27 GMT 2008

As I viewed Yahoo! Philippines Top Searches for this year (2008), we have seen many famous names and events (and others) on that list. So I though of something; why not put OpenStreetmap on that list for 2009?

Would that be easy? Apparently not, since we have Google's mapmaker hot on our trails since the 3rd quarter of this year. And we don't have "starpower" (also known as celebrity endorsements). So, shall we invite at least a C-lister to contribute to OSM? Or organize a mapping party in Frontera Verde or Metrowalk or Antel Lifestyle City (not yet mapped) or in some hotspot?

Apparently, we need to venture out with our GPS devices (if we have one) or take down notes, and workhard for us to be notable, at least for our kababayans.

To be honest, I don't have a cheesy catchphrase to end this message.