[talk-ph] Meeting with waypoints.ph 20091010

Maning Sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 13:29:54 BST 2008

Hi,

Yesterday I had a couple of beer with the waypoints.ph guys.  Some of
them know OSM already but most are very interested on it's rapid growth
in the Philippines (particularly Metro Manila).

I talked a bit about the project, it's principles and even showed a demo
of potlatch in action.

Some of them questioned it's accuracy and reliability but I think I was
able to answer them in favor of OSM.  Some of them are interested to
donate data and contribute.  We will have another meeting (next week,
20081018) for a detailed tutorial on data gathering and JOSM.

I might need help from others in this group for the tutorials.  Anyone
who wants to go along?