[talk-ph] Tags for Resorts

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Apr 16 19:56:12 BST 2009

Jim gives the answer I would give. I mapped about 150 places in Boracay and used tourism=hotel on almost all of them.  Occasionally I also use tourism=hostel for "backpacker" places, i.e. offering bunk-room style accommodation.

It would be nice, though, to specifically tag as resorts.  Perhaps we should do a simple addition of resort=yes?  One dream I have is an on-line map of the Philippines where potential foreign tourists who know little about country can see clusters of resort hotels, indicating a nice place to go, and then zoom in for a closer look.

Mike