[talk-ph] Draft "MoA" between the OSM-F and any possible localchapter

Andre Marcelo-Tanner andre at enthropia.com
Fri Aug 7 04:05:53 BST 2009

What would be the point of paying? It says a local chapter can use the
logo and osm domain and promote osm. Isnt counter-productive to charge
an organization which wants to help improve OSM locally by its own
resources/costs? A per member fee is rather high, maybe a low chapter
fee would be ok, but what do they need the fees for anyway? Its just
like a way of saying this one is officially recognized. Also for paying
that fee what does the local chapter get in return? Do we get like gps
units, documents, paraphernalia? Stuff that helps us? Anyway I know its
all still under discussion but I think it wouldnt be worth paying unless
there is just reason and the members here agree to it.