[talk-ph] Fwd: Using OSM data for Flickr Map in Metro Manila, Philippines

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 13:20:00 BST 2009

--- On Sat, 8/8/09, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
>Up to what boundingbox of Metro Manila region should we request?

>Some areas I personally want added are:
>Boracay
>Naga
>San Pablo, Los Banos area
>Tagaytay
>Rizal
>Angeles, Pampanga
>Subic
>[insert more here]

For the bounding box for Metro Manila, here is my plan: The northern limit should be at San Miguel (Bulacan), while the southern limits could start from the beaches of Ternate, then to Tagaytay, and finally to Santa Rosa. The eastern limits could be in the Tanay area or in the Pililia area.

We don't have to limit OSM's coverage in flickr to some parts of Metro Manila and Davao City. It would be better for us to have an OSM map on flickr for Mega Manila[1], Metro Cebu, Metro Davao, Naga, Angeles, Boracay, Olongapo, Baguio, Lucena, Bacolod, Tacloban, Palawan, Cagayan de Oro, and other key areas in the Philippines.

[1] Mega Manila is term used for an area composed of Metro Manila and nearby regions. There are two definitions for "Mega Manila": one is from the Philippine Information Agency (Metro Manila, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Central Luzon), while the other is from AGB Nielsen Philippines (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna) . (Information based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Manila )