[talk-ph] bulk editing address info in POIs

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 03:37:09 BST 2009

In my mapping area, I have already added a fairly accurate admin_level
boundaries.  I want to use it to update address info of POIs.  I need
advice in doing:
1. Extract POI nodes (shop, amenity) in a separate osm file.
2. Extract boundary areas in another OSM file.
3. Add addr:city, addr:village to POI nodes within the boundary polygon.

Any ideas?  This way, the only manual work would be adding
addr:housenumber and addr:street.