[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Announcemen: Multilingual Country-List

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:12:46 BST 2009

Hmmm, I think the guys from the Tagalog Wikipedia can help since they've
been translating interface texts in TranslateWiki.

This is a simple though labor-intensive task. By this time, most of the
languages below should have short articles about each country in their
respective Wikipedias. The trick then is to follow the interwiki links in
the English Wikipedia to the specific language then copy the article name as
the name of the country.

For example, go to the English Wikipedia page on U.S.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States
At the bottom of the left sidebar will be a bunch of language links.
Selecting the Cebuano link leads to the Cebuano article named Estados
Unidos. And so on.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com