[talk-ph] GPS logger/receiver on Linux

Ronny Ager-Wick - Develo Ltd. raw at develo.ltd.uk
Mon Aug 17 22:41:29 BST 2009

Hi, guys,
Thanks Jim for useful info. I'm already running eeebuntu :) Installed it
within a few minutes after I received the computer.
I've done my research now and found that the MTK chipset is supposedly
superior to the SiRFStar-III, and when I got a great price on this one,
it made the choice easy:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380145573933&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123
The full name of the item is Transystems i-Blue 747 A+. Note that
there's also a 737, but it's a pure receiver with no logging.

I'm currently playing with various Linux software to make use of the
thing, including Navit, which is currently compiling. I will let you
know when I get it working.
Does anybody have any recommendations for tools/programs relevant to OSM
to use with Ubuntu?

Ronny.