[talk-ph] donation to OSMF or OSM-Philippines

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:00:26 BST 2009

Thanks in part to OSM project, I am getting some bread out of small
mapping projects.

As a way of giving back, I try to negotiate with the client that
portions of the data collected should be donated to OSM.  Some agree
and I am processing some of it from a recent mapping trip.

Another option would be to donate some cash directly to the community.
 OSMF have the mechanism for receiving donation, but I personally
wanted that this go directly to the OSM Philippines.

Prior to creating a donation mechanism would be to set-up the Phil.
local chapter.  That being said, any particular wishlist the group
want donated? GPS, cash, event sponsorship?