[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] RR8 - Possible International Vandal(assistance required in various countries)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:47:53 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Marloue Pidor<murlwe at mail2engineer.com> wrote:
> I have the same experience with the contributor "Anthony Balico" he add many
> roads mostly big edits and these roads overlaps the existing roads.
>
> For instance this:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=8.50999&lon=125.9716&zoom=15&layers=B000FTTT
I've already asked him to remove edits coming from roadguide.ph data.
But he does have some personal trace in Mindanao:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Anthony%20Balico/traces

> The "Davao-Surigao" road (primary road) was edited by Maning the the data
> was authentic because it came from me (i shared my data to maning) then
> there is an overlap trunk road (i removed the road classification so that
> the road will not appear on the map) and when I checked the traces uploaded
> by the contributor I found none.
I suggest you remove the overlapped way:

> And here's another one from contributor Pelegrino Jessie:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=7.6816&lon=126.0696&zoom=13&layers=B000FTFT
>
> When I checked the yahoo image there was no thing to map in the area (I just
> don't know, I've not been in the area).
This seems to be an experiment. It's quite odd to see tag combinations
like this:

    * boat: yes
    * waterway: river
    * railway: tram