[talk-ph] Another Update to Openstreetmap.org.ph

Ahmed Farooq ahmed at enthropia.com
Tue Feb 3 15:33:15 GMT 2009

Hi guys,

We've now gone ahead so that any search done for any location (eg Manila) leads the user to a page on openstreetmap.org.ph - eg for Manila: http://www.openstreetmap.org.ph/map/manila

The purpose of this is to get local searches for map + city/place to appear on our advocacy site - so people can both learn about the project and potentially contribute to it.

I had plumbed into the depths of the embed.html system from OSM.org to figure out a widget system - and then I found out that you can just overlay the data on top of the Google Maps API. So I will get it re-written later this week so we can allow users to embed any kind of Filipino map on their website (widget control would include height, width, zoom level, and possibly the addition of a point).

So - I highly recommend dropping links to the specific map pages (we have 6,332 entries, all directly from OSM.org).

Targeting to have the widget ready end of this week.

-A

PS. We finally have a favicon for the site too.