[talk-ph] First Philippine mapping party

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 09:08:30 GMT 2009

I prefer Saturday as well.

Here are the advantages to Tagaytay:

1. Near Metro Manila
2. Cool weather, especially now that summer is fast approaching
3. High altitude and little obstruction to the sky; the better to get
GPS signals
4. Picturesque; you'd enjoy exploring the place and taking pictures
5. Plenty of cafes in the area with Wi-Fi for post-meet-ups and
uploading of data to OSM (there's a Starbucks there with a nice view
of the volcano)
6. Prime map party spot since there's no hi-res imagery in either
Yahoo! or Google (so we can one-up Google Map Maker. :-)
7. Since Tagaytay is one of the top tourist destinations in Luzon, we
can promote OSM locally using the Tagaytay data

Can I get the Tagaytay Crosswinds area? :-D

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com