[talk-ph] Luzon Coastline

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:38:22 GMT 2009

I took note of a particular property of the coastline that Maning mentioned
earlier which specifies which side of the coastline is supposed to be "wet"
... I just dont know how to check on this but this might also be causing the
coast to be wet on both sides ... maybe one of those segments had the wet
side specified erroneously?

thanks!

ed

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Jim Morgan <jim at datalude.com> wrote:

> Just checked in with that section of coastline (Monday Morning work
> avoidance) and it seems that the number of errors reported by the coastline
> viewer is down to just one error, also around the Subic area.
>
> Emboldened by this apparent success, I joined the two adjacent bits of
> coastline near this point, and made sure their tags were the same. Hopefully
> when it renders on Wednesday we'll be good again. Fingers crossed. That
> chunk of coastline is up to about 2000 nodes. Is there a recommended size
> for chunks of coastline?
>
> Still no clue what's causing it: in an editor the coastlines look fine,
> unless its the fact that the "notes" and "descriptions" fields don't match
> ... which really shouldn't affect things unless its some kind of bug.
>
> OK, on with Monday.
>
> Jim
>
> Ed Garcia wrote, On Friday, February 20, 2009 04:40 PM:
> >
> > I also tried to "trace" that coastline section too a few days ago via
> > JOSM and was looking for possibility of "unmerged coastline nodes"
> > somewhere.  Found none.

website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph
- reeflife.eppgarcia.com