[talk-ph] request edit for this month (coastline)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:44:57 GMT 2009

Hi,

An appeal for editing this Month (February 2009).

Coastline clean-up.  We have one of the most extensive coastlines in
the world.  Currently OSM Philippines' coastline is a very rough
import we made a few years back using medium resolution SRTM data.  A
lot of very small islands are not included in the SRTM import.

I have started editing coastlines around Visayas (Biliran, Ticao and Masbate).

I request all Philippine mappers to adapt a few island and give them
some coastline love.  You can easily do this with landsat imagery
(available both on potlatch, josm, and merkaator).  For very large
landmasses like Luzon or Mindanao please split coastlines into
manageable segments.

Links to coastline editing:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dcoastline
http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/coastlines.html