[talk-ph] excellent work in subic and ormoc

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Mon Jan 12 04:05:49 GMT 2009

2009/1/12 maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>

> Just found excellent updates in two areas:
>
> Subic/Olongapo:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.8266&lon=120.2912&zoom=14&layers=0B00FTF
>
> It looks like Olongapo is pretty much covered.  The editor is Deck Antonio.
> @ Deck are you on this list?  Great work!  May I know your data
> source?  AFAIK, there are no high-res sat in that area.
> Is this really entirely on gpx?
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Deck%20Antonio/traces/290144
> Wow!

I'm very concerned about that to be honest... The GPX file isn't from a GPS
by the looks of it, it's created by an application called ExpertGPS, and,
contained within it are panaramio points and descriptions of paths and
polygons, which together suggest that potentially it was originally a google
earth exported kml that has been converted with ExpertGPS to a GPX file...
Google does have high res views of the area... If you download that GPX file
and open it in google earth, you'll see that the track almost exactly
followings the road layout and that buildings and areas are an exact match
to the google imagery... this is BAD...