[talk-ph] Hi Guys and Gals, Open Street Map.

Michael Cole colemichae at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 00:13:58 GMT 2009

Hi I am going to be setting up a server using the Philippine map mainly, Later we will be using the whole planet files,

But i have notice some errors in the files i have downloaded so far,Towns are categorized in the wrong province, Or if they are not then the boundaries are wrong.

I would like to get all the data correct I currently use our own database of locations and Points of interest overlayed on the Google map but the google map is so far out in the
streets.

I saw you have meet ups at times, When is your next one?

Does anyone here sell a GPS logging device. So I can send it out with my partners and others to collect data which so far has not been mapped.

I have a Bluetooth device myself and i am using my own program written in Python on the N70 Nokia phone.. For that device i would like to also get an external Antenna?

Or is there a good shop here in Metro Manila where i can get GPS supplies last time i tried i just got the run around or they were trying to charge me triple the actual price.

Anyway guys and gals have a good week and i hope i can help you all with the great work you have done so far.

P.S. Makati Police station headquarters has moved, I went to where the old one was a few weeks ago and noticed it had moved.. I will see if i can move it.. Have to work out how to
use all these programs..

Regards Michael Cole...