[talk-ph] supporting OSM Philippines and representing OSM Philippines to various orgs.

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:11:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am receiving emails lately on how to support OSM Philippines.  The
natural response I give is: join OSM, collect data, edit the database,
tell your friends about OSM Philippines.  Do we need more support
other than what I mentioned?  Do we need event sponsors, funds,  free
beer?

On another side of the coin, I also approach some orgs (particularly
LGUs) to support or provide data for OSM Philippines.  The usual
response is: "we want to know more about your organization so we can
discuss it".  Well, we don't have any formal org.  What "legal" basis
can we represent OSM Phil to these organizations?  Is anybody a member
of the OSM foundation? Perhaps we can capitalize on such affiliation.

Any ideas?  Or we just keep on mapping (me thinks we should).