[talk-ph] Magalang disappearing when zooming out

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:39:42 GMT 2009

The topic of which labels get priority or not has been discussed often at
the main talk mailing list. As far as I know, there's no agreed upon
solution yet for tagging for "importance" especially for settlements.

On the other hand, Mapnik renders both labels fine so it must be a rendering
issue and there shouldn't be any tweaking of the tags just to force those
labels to appear. You might want to file a trac bug for this; T at H/Osmarender
shouldn't be too choosy with name clashes; it clashes street names anyway at
higher zoom levels.

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com